Monday, February 13, 2012

And now for something completely different...

Okay, I feel like I've been a little...negative lately, so now that's it bright and early and I'm awake, I'm going to quickly focus on the things I love about my character and the show...

1. I love that Allison is adventurous. She fights to win "the boy" which is something I never would have done in high school. That's pretty badass of her.
2. I love that she speaks her mind. Again, not something I do a lot, but should do more of...
3. I love that she giggles (or she will, when I remember to do it). That to me is a sign that she's really living in and enjoying each moment and new adventure.
4. I love that her favorite color is pink.
5. I love that she twirls a baton, because, who does that? Although, since I don't have the baton yet, I've been having a great time miming it...you guys know what I'm talking about. Maybe I can find a way to incorporate both...
6. I love that she's not afraid of anything or anyone.
7. I love that she's also a little bit dorky, like myself.
8. I WOULD love it if she had a lateral lisp...but alas, I've never been allowed to use that for a character...maybe in the next show.
9. I love that she sees the best in people, even Baldwin.
10. I love that she is really proud of kicking a cop in the nuts.


We got to move into the theater a little early this time around, and I love this space! It definitely presents some challenges, but I've been doing shows here since high school when it was still CBC, so it's pretty special. I have a lot of memories in this place, so I'm really glad that New Line uses it. I've also seen the model of the set, and it's really fun and colorful. I can't wait until it's finished!

As I've said before, the choreography is awesome, and I think as time goes by we're all getting more and more out of our heads and starting to just have fun with it. Tonight we'll be reviewing and cleaning all of it, which is one of my favorite rehearsals because I love working with Robin!

The first run through we did in the space for me was...interesting, but I think overall pretty good. Tomorrow we start running again. I think after a week, we've all had more time for it to soak in, so I'm really anxious to start those runs. Once we do, so much more will fall into place and it will really start to feel natural. I can't wait for that...

Until next time...

Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment